So why the silly title! Well, I was going to name it as simply 'Cheesy Steak with Puff Pastry', until this silly title came into my head while I was cooking this dish. Hopefully as you read along, you will agree with my thinking.
How an Ugly Toad turned into a Charming PrinceServe 1
• 1 puff pastry thawed
• 1 steak
• 1 – 2 tablespoon of cheese
• Melted butter
• Salt and Pepper
• 50 g of Mushroom
• 1 tablespoon of Sherry or Wine
• ½ teaspoon of Chicken Powder
• ½ - ¾ cup of water
• 1 teaspoon of corn flour
1. Pan fried the steak, one minute on each side, high heat. (Do not clean the pan, leave it aside).
2. Butter the puff pastry on the sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the centre and then add the cheese. (All these can be done while the steak is being pan fried).
3. Place the steak in the centre, on top of the other ingredients.
A very ugly looking toad
4. Say the top of the pastry is A and the bottom is B. Then fold A first and then B. Gently flip it over and butter it. Use a folk and press on the sides (so it doesnt burst open).
5. Put it in the oven 180C for 12-15 minutes, until it is golden brown.
6. While the ugly toad is in the oven, make the mushroom gravy. Slice the mushroom.
A 12 minute makeover for an ugly toad
Result - Prince Charming with substance
Sharing is caring, if you like this post why not share it with your friends?